Xymon 4.2.3 Compile Issues HP-UX 11.31 CLOCK_MONOTONIC

John Browning John.Browning at sas.com
Thu Apr 23 15:23:07 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm compiling a 4.2.3 client binary for HP-UX 11.31 and am receiving the following error:

mefunc-client.o timefunc.c
timefunc.c: In function 'gettimer':
timefunc.c:55: error: 'CLOCK_MONOTONIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
timefunc.c:55: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
timefunc.c:55: error: for each function it appears in.)
timefunc.c: In function 'getntimer':
timefunc.c:67: error: 'CLOCK_MONOTONIC' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[1]: *** [timefunc-client.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xymon-4.2.3/lib'
gmake: *** [lib-client] Error 2

After some research I see numerous threads and posts on a slew of sights stating CLOCK_MONOTONIC is not supported in HP-UX nor MAC OSX, both of which I will need to compile binaries for.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
John Browning
UNIX Systems Administrator
R&D DataCenter