[hobbit] Hobbit testing for VMWare ESX system

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Thu Apr 16 09:36:53 CEST 2009

Devmon and SNMP show a lot of promise, but the lack of documentation on ESX OIDs is making life difficult.
I was working on this a while ago, but we had a "critical situation" develop here at work, I had to drop everything and I haven't had time to work on this for over 2 weeks now. :-(

Anybody else trying to monitor VMWare ESX with Devmon?
Might be time to pool our efforts.

Here's what I have so far. (untar and move to Templates directory)
Not much, but it's a start.

I have been trying to figure it all out from the output of snmpwalk and what I could find here.
http://www.mibdepot.com/cgi-bin/vendor_index.cgi?r=vmware

Maybe somebody else has something to add?
Even some better documentation could help.

Cheers