Troubleshooting Alerts -- Having Problems

joost.deheer at getronics.com joost.deheer at getronics.com
Tue Apr 14 16:42:57 CEST 2009

> However, I want to make sure that everything is working
> since this is a live system. How can I test that the configuration
> files is correct.

Make a new config file (e.g. etc/hobbit-alerts-new.cfg, and on a commandprompt, while in the server directory:

bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --config=etc/hobbit-alerts-new.cfg --test <HOST> <TEST> [--color=COLOR] [--duration=SECONDS]

Mandatory arguments:
HOST = hostname as it appears in Xymon
TEST = testname as it appears in Xymon

Optional arguments:
COLOUR = colourlevel (red, blue, purple, yellow, green)
SECONDS = number of seconds the test supposedly is down.

For more options, see the hobbits_alert manual (right pulldown menu, last option).

Joost