xymon-4.4.0 - RECOVERED variable always 0

J Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Fri Apr 10 01:06:52 CEST 2009

I've been working on the snmp trap notification script for xymon servers
we are testing, and it's partially working. I've set up the hobbit
alerts to send out an email and an snmp trap, for error conditions, and
for recovery. So far so good - I am getting the emails, and the snmp
traps are being sent out for both the failure and the recovery.

However, in troubleshooting the snmp traps, I discovered that the
RECOVERED variable, which is to be set to "1" if it's a recovery, is
always set to "0", so the trap code is never incremented, thus we see
the same trap code for the failure and the recovery, rather than the
recovery trap code being incremented 1 over the corresponding failure
trap code.

Sanity check, anyone?

Joe