Using ldap accounts with Xymon

Brian Catlin bcatlin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:35:55 CEST 2009

Need  a little help - I am setting up a RHEL5 64 bit server that has apache2
ssl enabled and other web apps using ldap to control logins.

I would like to do this for Xymon - having one set of accounts to view and
another set of accounts to do the admin functions.  Openssl and a php ldap
setup exist on the server already. (I believe it calls openldap client under
its code). I do get the certificate from the server for the ssl piece, but
want to get rid of the htaccess file and replace with ldap authentication.

So my question is - can I do this , and if so, how about a how to? Google
seems very sparse on this, I have the wikibook listing but wonder if there
is more info out there that's useful to those of us not so familiar with
ldap configurations.

Thanks in advance
Brian

lurch at inorbit.com