[hobbit] Graphing iostat on Linux systems?

Husemann, Harald Harald.Husemann at materna.de
Thu Apr 2 15:55:33 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

thanks for the link (and thanks to the programmer of linux-iostat), I've
installed it (with some additions/changes, see below) as described, and
it works and shows what I need, :-).
I attach my version of the script to this mail, since I made some edits:

1. Added my "preamble" which I use in every extension script:

===============/snip/======================
my $TEST = "iostat";
(...)
my $HOST = $ENV{"MACHINE"};
$HOST =~ s/(.*),.*,.*$/$1/;
if (system("$ENV{'BBHOME'}/bin/bbhostgrep $TEST | grep $HOST > /dev/null
2>&1") != 0) {
    print "Not running on $HOST..." if $debug;
    exit 0;
}

With this, I can have the same scripts and config files on all systems
(helps to keep things up2date), and just add the appr. entry (in this
case, iostat) to the host part in bb-hosts ti run the script on a
particular host.

2. Cleaned up the regex a bit
3. As we're using drbd (DistributedRemoteBlockDevice, often used with
Linux-HA), I added "drbd" to the devices list.

Maybe someone can use my version, or get some ideas from it.

hh