[hobbit] Who uses Hobbit?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:45:16 CEST 2008

The hosts count in bbgen is simply all the lines that look like hosts,
including repeated names.

I have a Hobbit server using a SOAP script to watch BigIP pools.  If a port
in a pool is disabled, it flags red.  All because management got really
agitated one day when some servers were left disabled and caused a client
impact...

Anyway, as the BigIP pools keep changing, I adapted the script to generate a
Hobbit include file for each BigIP, with a group-only line for each pool
with the ports it contains.  bbgen tells me I have 4441 hosts right now, but
only 1726 are unique.  A lot of the hosts are represented in multiple pools,
so they show up multiple times in the include files.

Ralph Mitchell