[hobbit] IronPort

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Sep 18 08:54:22 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 16:04:14 Everett, Vernon wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anybody got anything to keep an eye on IronPort kit?
> Will probably have to script something myself, but if I don't have to,

I added a devmon template for IronPort to the devmon subversion a few months
ago. The next release of the devmon templates will include it, but it's easy
enough to pull it out of svn.

http://devmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/devmon/trunk/templates/ironport-
asyncos/

Unfortunately, there are some minor issues with how the SNMP agent on the
Ironport was implemented:
-The perCentCPUUtilization value is quite erratic (seems to be an immediate
value, not an averaged value), so we see it spike up to 90% or more at times
when the average according to the graph is about 50%. I will try and add
averaged values in the devmon template ...
-I think in the case of a disk failure, the entire branch goes missing, so the
test will go clear, with the message 'Missing repeater data for primary OID
raidID'

Regards,
Buchan