[hobbit] Hobbit install failure? Can't get Hobbit Started

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 20:40:05 CEST 2008

Ok, check to see what user Apache is running as.  Issue the command:

ps -ef | grep http

You should see something like this:

wwwrun   17153  1097  0 Sep14 ?        00:00:06 /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork
-f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

The first column (wwwrun in my case) is the user that the web server is
running under.  Then enter:

groups wwwrun

But substitute your first column for wwwrun, you will get something like
this:

wwwrun : www

www is the group name that the web server is running under.  That should
be the response to the question 'What group is your web server running
under?' (or how ever it's phrased).

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009