[hobbit] Problem to check logs with Hobbit

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Mon Sep 15 15:35:46 CEST 2008

There are a number of critical fixes in the allinone patch, and I think logging may have been one of them.

The other thing to try is to set up a specific entry for your client in etc/client-local.cfg -

Like this, for my amazon system:

[amazon]
log:/var/log/syslog:10240
         ignore 3004-004
         ignore 3004-035
         ignore 3004
log:/var/log/console.log:10240
log:/var/log/dsmsched.log:10240
file:/usr/edi/cron.backup

If the logfetch.<hostname>.cfg file is not showing up in the client/tmp directory, then the hobbit client is not pulling it from the server and you won't see any logs.

Also, to my knowledge, this does NOT work for systems still running the Big Brother client.

Tom