Comment tag

Martha McConaghy URMM at VM.MARIST.EDU
Thu Sep 11 19:23:39 CEST 2008

My snmp problem with devmon turned out to be an OID that was a bit too short.
(The OID file I downloaded from WeatherGoose seems to be out of date.)
Thanks, Dan McDonald for setting me straight!

Now, on to another bump I've run into.  I've tried specifying the
comment tag in bb-hosts.  However, it doesn't seem to work.  At least,
nothing shows up next to the hostname as the "man bb-hosts" file indicates
it would.

My bb-hosts records looks like:

148.100.96.69 git390 # conn comment:git-server descr:"zLinux git server"

The conn and descr tags are working.

Anyone using comment successfully?  Any thoughts?

Martha McConaghy
Marist College