[hobbit] Netstat column graph, retrans

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Tue Sep 9 20:09:30 CEST 2008

It probably refers to the number of packets that had to be retransmitted regardless of reason.  A low number is not a problem ("stuff" happens), but a high number can indicate a problem somewhere in a network.  The host reporting the retransmissions could be part of the problem (misconfigured link, perhaps) or it could be a "vicitm" of problems elsewhere -- congestion, duplex mismatches, dirty circuits, etc.

GLH