[hobbit] Ping only when another machine is not pingable

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Fri Sep 5 14:49:15 CEST 2008

Make it "dialup"?

-----Original Message-----
From: news on behalf of Eric Jacobs
Sent: Thu 9/4/2008 04:24 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit]  Ping only when another machine is not pingable

Monitoring a couple of Infoblox devices, each with a "LAN" port and a "HA"
port. I'm supposed to monitor all 4 ports but, as it turns out, on active
device in this High-availability pair, the HA port is not pingable. So, I
would like to have the "conn" column go clear instead of red. Been looking
at "depends" but can't figure out how to make that work for this scenario.

Eric Jacobs

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk