[hobbit] No Procs Graph?

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Sep 3 14:50:34 CEST 2008

Ann,

The procs page will graph anything you want to count.  You enable this
with the TRACK keyword in (I think) the hobbit-clients.cfg file.

For example:

HOST=somehost
    PROC httpd TRACK=Apache

Would lead to a graph showing the number of processes containing "httpd"
in their name, graphed as "Apache".

If you want graphs about particular processes (memory usage, CPU, etc.)
you are out of luck in this version of Hobbit, although you could
probably invent something that would read through the process listings
returned by the Hobbit clients and have them update RRD's and then set
up graph definitions.  This would be a lot of work, and might overload
the poor Hobbit server depending on how many clients you are monitoring.

GLH