[hobbit] Re: Devmon causing core dumps

Robert Holden robertholden at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:55:35 CET 2008

When I run snmpwalk on my interfaces I get the following:
(I believe that the devmon template is using this ... notice that they are
all the same.  A transform won't help)
IF-MIB::ifName.70 = STRING: AT5/0/0
IF-MIB::ifName.71 = STRING: AT5/0/0
IF-MIB::ifName.72 = STRING: AT5/0/0
IF-MIB::ifName.73 = STRING: AT5/0/0
IF-MIB::ifName.74 = STRING: AT5/0/0

(This could be used, but you would end up w/ very long names.  G0/0 would
become GigabitEthernet0/0)
IF-MIB::ifDescr.70 = STRING: ATM5/0/0
IF-MIB::ifDescr.71 = STRING: ATM5/0/0-atm layer
IF-MIB::ifDescr.72 = STRING: ATM5/0/0.0-atm subif
IF-MIB::ifDescr.73 = STRING: ATM5/0/0-aal5 layer
IF-MIB::ifDescr.74 = STRING: ATM5/0/0.0-aal5 layer

(This may be helpful ... somehow ignore all type 37 and type 49, and sub
interface 0 ??)
IF-MIB::ifType.70 = INTEGER: sonet(39)
IF-MIB::ifType.71 = INTEGER: atm(37)
IF-MIB::ifType.72 = INTEGER: atmSubInterface(134)
IF-MIB::ifType.73 = INTEGER: aal5(49)
IF-MIB::ifType.74 = INTEGER: aal5(49)

I will open a bug if you like.  Is the issue that originated this thread the
same as the one I am experiencing?

Robert