log monitoring for dmz hosts

Craig Cook Craig.Cook at gpi.com
Fri Oct 31 14:56:05 CET 2008

Is there a way to allow dmz clients (using msgcache) to monitor non default logs?

Normally you specify the log file to monitor in client-local.cfg and what to alert on in client-local.cfg.  Next time the client sends data to the server it gets notified about a new log file to start monitoring.

Using msgcache this never happens...

I can probably do a dodgy trick and define what I want in logfetch.<clientname>.log on the dmz client in its $client/tmp/ dir.  Is there a better way?

If I change the dmz client to be a "local" client I then have to define thresholds on the local client, I would like to avoid that...

Craig