Weird disk errors....the sequel

Martha McConaghy URMM at VM.MARIST.EDU
Thu Oct 30 21:25:04 CET 2008

I was premature in thinking that Stef's patch solved the problem.  However,
I've narrowed down the cause.

Turns out, it isn't related to the AIX client in general.  Its related to
one AIX server specifically.  This server has a huge number of ports
connected, which is a problem we have to deal with, but can't do much about
right now.  Meanwhile, the number of ports is causing the hobbit server
issues.  Here's the error messages we get on the hobbitd test:

Latest errormessages:
Oversize data/client msg from 148.100.11.11 truncated (n=1269789, limit 524288)
First line: ldapb|aix|aix|
Oversize status msg from 148.100.11.11 for ldapb:ports truncated (n=513615,
  limit=262144)

I think this issue is, in turn, causing the false alerts we are seeing
elsewhere.  When I remove this server from the bb-hosts config, that problem
goes away.

Is there a way I can turn off the ports test for this one server?  Or, can
I limit how much data the client sends to Hobbit server?   Any other
suggestions?

Martha