[hobbit] Service SMTP on xxxxxx is not OK : Unexpected service response

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:53:11 CEST 2008

Hi, Craig

I  enountered problem like this.
My finding is that the older version sendmail on Solaris 2.6 will trigger this issue.
My other recent sendmail servers on Solaris or RH Linux are able to do the proper handshaking with hobbit's smtp polling.

foo-root# uname -r
5.6
foo-root#  /usr/lib/sendmail -bt -d0
Version 8.8.8p2+Sun

My solution, wait for it to be retired ;)

T.J. Yang