[hobbit] Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg

Ginny Jaworski Ginny.Jaworski at marist.edu
Tue Oct 21 19:59:13 CEST 2008

That worked!!!!!   Thanks to all of you for the help and the quick

Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org>
10/21/2008 01:16 PM
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
Re: [hobbit] Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg

On Tuesday 21 October 2008, James Wade wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have archive logs that get attached as external storage.
> These filesystems get filled causing alerts. We would like
> to disable them.
>
> I normally set the thresholds to 101 & 102 in the hobbit-clients.cfg
> file to ignore alerts on these types of filesystems.
>
> However, the problem is that these are mounted with
> diffrenet names. Example:  disk_archive_Sep08, disk_arch_Oct08
>
> Is there a way to use Wildcards in hobbit-clients.cfg?
>
> DISK  disk_archive_????? 101 102
See http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/man5/hobbit-clients.cfg.5.html

% is for regular expressions.  So in your case:
DISK  %disk_archive_* 101 102

Stef

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk