[hobbit] Looking for sample BBWIN configs for filtering Windows event logs

Bob Gordon rgordonjr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:55:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 1:47 PM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw at purdue.edu> wrote:

>  Bob,
>
> FWIW.
>
> In server/etc/hobbit-clients.cfg file the last few lines of the comments at
> the top says
>
>     # The special DEFAULT section can modify the built-in defaults - this
> must
>     # be placed at the end of the file.

Thanks for pointing that out  (wonder when it changed)..  The config file I
have has been used since the first 4.x version when it finished with:

# Rules are evaluated from the top of this file and down, and the first
# matching rule is used. So you should put the specific rules first, and
# the generic rules last.

#
# EXHOST=%^pto\.linuxbog\.dk|\.sslug\.dk|^bb-mws.csc.dk|sarge|trantor|postcode
EXSERVICE=dnsinfo,dnsreg
#

So far it seems to be working but I will go through and double check to make
sure it actually is...  ;)

--
--==[ Bob Gordon ]==--