[hobbit] monitoring DISK with hobbit

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Oct 9 09:44:28 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 19:05:15 Engineering wrote:
> I believe I have found the issue.  I changed on my client scripts the "-l"
> to a "-h" to make the readings human readable.

I don't think this is portable (the reason df -P is used is becuase it *is*
portable).

> Well in doing that it
> changed the Column names across the top of the command:

[...]

>  Might need to look into a different way for
> parsing the DISK info.

But, you've probably also broken the disk1 graph (the one that contains the
disk utilisation in KB, not percentage).

I don't think Henrik intended this, and it's more than a one-line patch to
make it possible to use disk utilisation displayed in the human-readable form

But, if you prefer breaking working functionality for aesthetics, I guess
that's up to you.

Regards,
Buchan