[hobbit] smsalert (smsalert.sh?)

Benni benni at tskoli.is
Tue Oct 7 12:54:51 CEST 2008

Ah, figures. Thank you for explaining.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: 7. október 2008 05:42
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] smsalert (smsalert.sh?)

In <852704A702E6A44C9DF8345C1F2025AA1B4EBA at 2tpostur.2t.local> "Benni" <benni at tskoli.is> writes:

>According to the docs, this file should be supplied with hobbit (for =
>sending sms alerts), but I cannot find it on my system

I think the docs have confused you, "smsalert" is not supplied with
Hobbit. It is merely used in the hobbit-alerts.cfg comments to
show how you can run a custom script when an alert triggers.

You'll have to come up with an SMS script yourself. This depends a
lot on how your system is setup and what kind of SMS capabilities
you have, but look around for some tools for your OS - on Linux,
there is smsclient, gnokii and several others that can communicate
with a GSM phone or modem.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk