[hobbit] Sendmail

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:21:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 14:22, Whitehouse, Gregg
<Gregg.Whitehouse at nshealth.ca> wrote:
> I am having difficulty understanding the relationship between hobbit and the
> sendmail messages in /var/spool/mqueue – they are large, dynamic and are
> taking significant CPU time as well as keeping my disk drive fairly busy.
>
> Can this be controlled/eliminated?

If these are alerts, then yes - though obviously then you lose the
alerting.  What does the "mailq" command tell you?

However, if they are alerts I'd say you need to look to why you've got
so many that it's causing (what I assume should be) commercial grade
hardware problems.  I've got a tiny 500 MHz box with 512 MB of RAM and
a single 2.5" hard disk handling many dozens of emails per hour
without even breaking a sweat, and that includes virus and spam
scanning overheads.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor