Decommissioned servers page and other features.

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Thu Oct 2 09:11:31 CEST 2008

Hi all

I have been asked for some odd features in the past, but I think these top the lot.

After decommissoning a server, how can we make the data and graphs available for a period of time through the Hobbit interface.
The idea being that we can compare new server loads, performance and quirks with the old, if we need to.
(Keep in mind, the actual server will be long gone, we just want access to the rrd graphs and history)
I would like to create a subpage with decommissioned servers, have everything remain green, and have historic data viewable?

Now for the other request.
Assuming the correctness of the following concept
Server_Utilisation=f(CPU utilisation,memory usage)
Where f() is not clearly defined yet, can we use hobbit to generate a report of most utilised and least utilised servers?
Yes, this does sound like something only a PHB could come up with.

Cheers
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.