IPv6

David A. Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:53:15 CET 2008

Folks,

Searched the archives and found a few IPv6 inquiries, but only that
there are no plans to support it.  While I'm not a programmer, I
suspect it would actually be fairly simple to implement (please
correct me if I'm wrong).

This is starting to become a priority for me.  I need to monitor my
ssh servers, but they all only respond now to ipv6, so I can't :-(.

For those of you who care, after monitoring my ipv6 only ssh logs, the
automated attacks against my servers has dropped from over 10,000
attacks per day to 0.  Have not had a single attack in months.
Haven't seen that in over 10 years now.  I'm sure this is only a
temporary thing, but it sure is nice.

I have only one other piece of software I can't replace (besides
hobbit) that needs to support ipv6 and I will be ready.  Those of you
watching the bogon list might know how close we are to complete ipv4
exhaustion, and in some areas of the world ipv4 addresses are no
longer available.

If there is anything I can do to expedite a move to support ipv6, let me know.

Thanx,

David A. Bandel
            - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto