[hobbit] how to monitoring jboss

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:57:22 CET 2008

If jboss is just handing out some kind of web page, you could do something
like this in your server/etc/bb-hosts:

   a.b.c.d myboss.server.com   # http://myjboss.server.com/

or whatever would be an appropriate url for it.  That'll let you know jbos
is up and responding.  I'm doing something like this already.  I don't have
either access or permission (company policy - thou shalt use CA Unicenter
for everything) to run anything on the servers themselves, but I imagine
Unicenter is checking that the processes are running and maybe checking log
files too.

Ralph Mitchell