Best way to monitor static routing table entries?

Gregory Larkin glarkin at sourcehosting.net
Wed Nov 12 18:00:08 CET 2008

Hello all,

I've been using Hobbit for a few years now, and it has always worked really
well for me.  Lately, I've added some more tests to certain servers, and one
thing I'd like to do is detect the presence/absence of some static routes
that are configured on a RHEL4 Linux box.

I could write a script that greps the output of "netstat -rn" and redirects
it to a file.  Hobbit could monitor the content of the file to make sure it
matches some predefined template, I suppose, but is there a more elegant
way?

I checked the BB script archive, and I found the bb-route extension, but
it's either not the right solution or too complicated for what I want to do.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Greg

Greg Larkin