procs check flapping between clear and green

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Fri May 30 12:27:47 CEST 2008

While I was on leave, our hobbit installation seems to have started flapping
the procs check between clear and green on almost every host. Since the
process list is quite big on many boxes (200kB or more), this is starting to
consume quite a bit of disk space.

What occurs is that the test goes clear, with a "No process checks defined"
message, and then immediately afterwards, goes green, with all the process
checks working correctly.

It seems it could affect only the hosts that report through a Hobbit bbproxy.

Can anyone suggest where I should start looking for the cause
(hobbit-clients.cfg on the display, or on the proxy, or something else?).

Regards,
Buchan