[hobbit] Background color

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Wed May 28 17:02:56 CEST 2008

Josh Luthman wrote:
> It is the worst condition on that page.  For example, if the page
> you're looking at has 10 hosts and any of them are red, the bg is red.
>  It won't take conditions from other pages, though.  This way if you
> look at a specific test for a specific host it shows you the condition
> of that test.

Right...

I just checked a BB installation I have had in place for about 6 years
and I see where my confusion may have come from.

I thought that the overall background color came from the 'worst'
condition because of the following:

We (my old webmaster and I) created a simple integrated Big Brother/MRTG
page that gave us quick access to the graphs of the key switches as well
as the current overall status of Big Brother.

http://www.revpol.com/images/bigbrian1.png

When the left frame loads, the php script pulls in the main BB page,
parses the background color and sets the background of the Big Brother
link in the left frame to that color - so instantly we can see Big
Brother's status without having its main page (or its non-green page)
displayed.

The "main" Big Brother page at this site consists of several summary
links http://www.revpol.com/images/bigbrian2.png so our Big Brother
link in the left frame always showed us the color of the worst condition.

Sorry for the confusion!

P.S. That old Big Brother installation is slated for a hobbit migration
this summer. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC