[hobbit] dr for hobbit

Iain Miller iainonthemove at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:03:04 CEST 2008

Hi Phil,

I know you said you don't want to use a HA/clustering solution, but I
have a similar situation to yourself and I use a HA solution with
heartbeat/drbd and being honest it saves me a load of hassle.  OK the
failover fails automatically and I don't know that it has (which I'd
argue is how I want it) but all the rrd files are kept in sync and all
maintenance settings get maintained across the two servers.  Plus I
don't need to recall which server was down and which server I need to
rsync from and to - DRBD resource maintains all that for me and I just
worry about configuring hobbit.  Plus as hobbit is only running on the
active server, it's the only one sending out alerts.

I can give you more details on my configuration if you are interested.

Cheers,

Iain.

--
Iain Miller