FW: [hobbit] tooltips, current snapshot 15-Jan-08

Dirk Kastens Dirk.Kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Mar 27 16:57:19 CET 2008

Hi,

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> Sorry this has taken much too long. The attached patch will make
> "--tooltips=always" (or =never, if you so prefer) work on the BB2
> page also.

I just applied the patch to the latest snapshot. The problem has been
resolved. I start bbgen with "--tooltips=never" and they really disappered.

But, unfortunately, the problem with wrong msgs, ports, and files still
persists. When I klick on the msgs icon of host ynode8, for example, I
get the following output:
---------------------------
No entries in /var/log/messages

No entries in /var/log/messages

Full log /var/log/messages
Mar 27 16:16:13 ynode6 kernel: ...
Mar 27 16:20:02 ynode6 ...
Mar 27 16:30:02 ynode6 ...

Full log /var/log/messages
Cannot open logfile /var/log/messages : Permission denied

Full log /var/adm/messages

Full log /var/adm/messages
Mar 27 16:18:03 ossun1 sshd...
Mar 27 16:23:03 ossun1 sshd...

As you can see, the output is totally messed and contains messages from
other hosts. Hobbit also suddenly complains that no port checks were
defined, although the host never checked for ports.

Dirk Kastens
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
Tel.: +49-541-969-2347, FAX: -2470