[hobbit] compile problem

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 21 23:34:45 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 04:37:18PM -0400, Perumal, Santoshbabu wrote:
> I cannot complete  hobbit client installation.when I execute make after
> confire getting following error
>
> test-endianness.c:15:20: string.h: No such file or directory

This is a system include-file, so some standard development packages
are missing from your system. On my Solaris 8 box these are in
the SUNWhea package:

$ pkginfo -l SUNWhea
   PKGINST:  SUNWhea
      NAME:  SunOS Header Files
  CATEGORY:  system
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  11.8.0,REV=2000.01.08.18.12
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  Sun Microsystems, Inc.
      DESC:  SunOS C/C++ header files for general development of software
    PSTAMP:  on28-patch20060418081912
  INSTDATE:  May 02 2007 14:41
   HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:     1328 installed pathnames
                  30 shared pathnames
                  94 directories
               15188 blocks used (approx)

You'll probably need a couple of other packages also: SUNWbtool,
SUNWtoo, SUNWtoox I think.