[hobbit] How hobbit server deal with DNS server failure when doing conn test ?

White, Bruce bewhite at fellowes.com
Wed Mar 19 15:48:28 CET 2008

Josh,

I think the first statement is true.  I have many items monitored by hobbit
which are not registered in DNS (I live with a bunch of windows centric team
mates and they rely on WINS not DNS.   None of these items end up with
conn=red, but they are ID'd in the output from bbtest on the hobbit server.
Here is that output:

DNS statistics:
# hostnames resolved  :      383
# succesful           :      306
# failed              :       77
# calls to dnsresolve :      414

Notice that I have 77 monitored items which fail the DNS lookup.

      .....Bruce

   _____