[hobbit] Re: Lines to flag red or yellow in msgs

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Wed Mar 12 18:08:19 CET 2008

I must have skipped over that when I did a grep -i msgs
~hobbituser/server/etc/* to brute force the answer out of the configuration.
=P

I went on the server and made a line that says...

HOST=thismatchesbbhosts
  LOG /var/log/messages e100_watchdog COLOR=red TEXT="bond interface watch"

On the hobbit server, on the msgs test page, I have this text...

Mar 12 12:55:19 neon kernel: e100: eth0: e100_watchdog: link down
Mar 12 12:55:19 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: link status definitely
down for interface eth0, disabling it
Mar 12 12:55:19 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: making interface eth1 the
new active one.
Mar 12 12:55:23 neon kernel: e100: eth0: e100_watchdog: link up,
100Mbps, full-duplex
Mar 12 12:55:23 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: link status definitely up
for interface eth0.
Mar 12 12:55:26 neon kernel: e100: eth1: e100_watchdog: link down
Mar 12 12:55:26 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: link status definitely
down for interface eth1, disabling it
Mar 12 12:55:26 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: making interface eth0 the
new active one.
Mar 12 12:55:28 neon kernel: e100: eth1: e100_watchdog: link up,
100Mbps, full-duplex
Mar 12 12:55:28 neon kernel: bonding: bond0: link status definitely up
for interface eth1.

But it still says green.  Any idea where my mistake is?

Thanks for the help Steve!

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340