[hobbit] Possible to have Hobbit retain and use cookies?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:13:18 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 March 2008 12:48:20 Martin Rogers wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to do that without a code change? (our last resort!)
>
> It is not possible with Hobbit only at present, but it is quite trivial to
> write a script that uses curl, that would work.
>
> We test our webmail systems, which require a login (returning a cookie),
> and
> an inbox view (which requires the cookie) this way.

I'd second that - I'm doing about 1500 tests spread over about 600 hosts,
all using curl with cookies, though I generally delete the cookie file at
the top of the script to avoid "open session" confusion.  There's no reason
not to keep on using the same cookie file, though.  Something like:

   curl -s -S -L -b cookiejar -c cookiejar -o file.html
http://server.domain.com

may be all you need.

Ralph Mitchell