Hobbit to IPPhone

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Mon Mar 3 22:52:49 CET 2008

I just cobbled together a script that puts a hobbit display on a Cisco
IPPhone (7960). The display is pretty spartan since we only have half a
dozen lines to put text on :)  The script is run out of cron on my linux
workstation, and requires access to an http server, and knowing your
phones login and password (same as your user login to call manager).

If anyone is interested in this script I will post it here or send it to
the Shire.

I just did it mainly for fun, but with some effort you could easily even
acknowledge alerts right from your phone :)

-Charles