Log client-local.cfg IGNORE

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 21:04:43 CET 2008

I am trying to monitor a log file for Oracle DB conection issues. This logfile
outputs the results of all the db queries. For the sake of having a small
file, I am attempting to put and ignore rule in the client-local.cfg file.
basically I want to ignore all lines except those with table or view in it.

the configuration is:
log:/app/subdir/db/server/Log/AQuery.log:10240
ignore (?!)(table|view)

when i run bin/logfetch, it Segmentation fault. Here is the gdb backtrace on
it. Also it will segfault if I do "ignore (?-i)table|view".

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib64/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
Loaded system supplied DSO at 0xffffe000
Core was generated by `hobbit/bin/logfetch /hobbit/client/tmp/logfetch.serv'.
#0  0x0807476b in re_search_internal ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0807476b in re_search_internal ()
#1  0x0807ada4 in regexec ()
#2  0x0804850c in logdata (
    filename=0x80ca550 "/app/subdir/db/server/Log/AQuery.log",
    logdef=0x80ca4fc) at logfetch.c:239
#3  0x08049e4d in main (argc=3, argv=0xffffd614) at logfetch.c:963

If this doesn't make any sense.. it is possible it is the ninary itself. I did
a static linuix compile on an i386 server. This server is an x86_64 server.
Thouhg I thought a static compile builds all the library dependency into the
binary.

Your help is appreciated,
 ~Steve