[hobbit] Graphing number of hosts

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:34:35 CEST 2008

From: "Stef Coene" <stef.coene at docum.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:41 AM
To: <hobbit at hswn.dk>
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Graphing number of hosts

> On Thursday 26 June 2008, Everett, Vernon wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Wondering if anybody has done this before, before I try and do it
>> myself.
>>
>> Under bbtest on the hobbit server, there are a number of stats,
>> including number of hosts. (Hosts total)
>>
>> has anybody managed to graph this information?
>> Ideally, I would like to graph the Hosts total, # hostnames resolved and
>> # TCP tests total, but I will be happy with Hosts total.
>>
>> Before any of you shake your head and wonder why, management have asked
>> for it :-)
> You can take a look at the rrd's to find out what info is collected:
> rrdtool info hobbitd.rrd | grep type
>
> As far as I can see, no info about number of hosts, hostname resolved, tcp
> tests, ...

I am interested to see following statistics sections to be in trending
graph.

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=voodoo.hswn.dk&SERVICE=bbtest

"TIME TOTAL" entries is graphed.

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=voodoo.hswn.dk&SERVICE=bbgen

"TIME TOTAL" entries is graphed.

But This is not an external module job. It require change of hobbit C code.
Searching "TIME TOTAL"
in the source tree should be able to locate which C function need to be
updated.

The real question is why Henrik only graph "TIME TOTAL" ?

tj