help with snapshot 6-25-2008

FARRIOR, Andy Andy.Farrior at victoriacollege.edu
Thu Jun 26 05:54:50 CEST 2008

I think I've left out a step, but can't seem to figure out what.

I compiled and installed the snapshot from 6-25-2008 (same problem with snapshot from 6-12-2008).

After watching the hobbitlaunch.log file, I saw that Hobbit wants a "hobbitserver.cert" and "hobbitserver.key" file.

I followed the instructions to create the "cert" and "key" files that were referenced here:
  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/04/msg00093.html

Now Hobbit runs, but I'm having some wierdness with the "info" column.  Hobbit receives and displays network side tests and client side tests just fine (conn/cpu/disk/http/...).

If I click on the "info" status for a host that's running a Big Brother client (*nix/NT) or BBWin client in local mode, the bb-hostsvc.sh CGI script displays the info page just fine.

However, if the client is running BBWin in central mode, Hobbit client, or the client on the Hobbit server itself, bb-hostsvc.sh generates an error in the Apache log:

[Wed Jun 25 21:34:11 2008] [error] [client 74.192.56.211] Premature end of script headers: bb-hostsvc.sh, referer: <snip>

Having the error occur with the "info" column for the Hobbit server seemed odd.

Is this related to the development work for SSL-encrypted connections or did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks,
Andy