Receiving HTTP 404- Page not found in Hobbit

Smith, Natalie Natalie.Smith at vsp.virginia.gov
Thu Jun 19 22:28:09 CEST 2008

 The messages "The page cannot be found" and HTTP 404 are being received
when selecting Main View and All non-green view from Views on the Hobbit
display.  However the page for Critical systems displays properly.
After researching the problem I found the following:

1.  URL of Main View :  http://domain-name/hobbit/html
     URL of All non-green view:  http://domain-name/hobbit/bb2.html
     URL of Critical systems:
http://domain-name/hobbit-cgi/hobbit-nkview.sh

2.  On the local zone of hobbitmon, the directory of the web pages is
/usr/local/hobbit/server/www.

3.  In file /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg, the root URL
parameter - BBSERVERWWWURL  is set to /hobbit.

4.   The current configuration in file
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf, the DocumentRoot parameter is set
versus using the Alias.

Excerpt from /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
# NB: The "Alias" line below must NOT be used if you have

#     the Hobbit webfiles as the root URL. In that case,

#     you should instead set this:

#

#Alias /hobbit/  "/usr/local/hobbit/server/www/"

DocumentRoot /usr/local/hobbit/server/www

5.  The Apache error log reports

            [Thu Jun 19 15:45:28 2008] [error] [client 10.64.4.20] File
does not exist: /usr/local/hobbit/server/www/hobbit, referer: ht

tp://domain_name/hobbit/sphq/sphq.html

What do I need to do to resolve this problem.

Natalie Smith|Computer Systems Senior Engineer
VA State Police | natalie.smith at vsp.virginia.gov
(804) 674-2007