[hobbit] Raid 5 and 6 array monitoring

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 14:44:33 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Krash, Paul <pkrash at exegy.com> wrote:
> Morning (or evening depending on where you are)!
>
> I did a preliminary search of the hobbit archives and didn't find what I was
> looking for (maybe due to sleep deprivation).
>
> Have request to monitor several multi Terabyte raids with critical data anmd
> be able to identify which disk(s) are complaining. LSI and Highpoint
> controllers
> Are in use. Mfg's software does not specify which disk, w/o running gui.
>
> I am trying to implement robotic arm that will change disks w/o intervention
> based on hobbit alerts.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> OS running on clients: linux kernel 2.6.24

LSI certainly do some tools you can download, though which tools are
required depends on the particular controller.  I'm using those tools
on some (rebadged) LSI controllers.

You may also find that they support IPMI in which case you can use the
IPMI tools to query the status.

--
Rob MacGregor
 doesn't become a monster. Friedrich Nietzsche