SCRIPT using expect

Eric Jacobs eric.jacobs at thomastechsolutions.com
Thu Jul 31 16:52:54 CEST 2008

I have been asked by those who must be obeyed to see if I can get Hobbit to
make a configuration change on a switch if a certain connection test goes
red. Been trying to do so via an "expect" script. Script runs fine when run
manually but fails from within Hobbit. First attempt failed because script
apparently didn't wait long enough after spawning a telnet session. So I
slowed it down and it got session started but apparently didn't "send"
password. Has anyone done anything like this?

Even if I get it to work, a few other questions arise.

1. Will it continue to run script if connection failure continues?
2. If I turn "RECOVER" on, can I run an alternate script upon recovery?

Eric Jacobs