[hobbit] Graphs are missing data, but it's there!

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Mon Jul 28 14:34:39 CEST 2008

In this instance no negative numbers are reported to Hobbit. The
negatives you see in the example below are displayed in the web page.

The data is collated using Hobbit's built-in NCV script, so I am not
using a manual script to sort the data out.

TEST2RRD is configured thus:
TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,lines,postfixqueue=ncv,postfixdeliveries=ncv
"

and NCV_postfixqueue is configured thus:
NCV_postfixqueue="ActiveQueue:GAUGE,BounceQueue:GAUGE,DeferQueue:GAUGE,C
orruptQueue:GAUGE,IncomingQueue:GAUGE"

So the client script is expected to return five colon-separated values.
As you can see from the example below this data is returned quite
correctly:
ActiveQueue: 5494
BounceQueue: 219
DeferQueue: 145971
CorruptQueue: 0
IncomingQueue: 409494

yet this data is not being stored properly.

Is there any way of getting more diagnostic data out of the generic NCV
code or the hobbitd_rrd module itself?

|\/|artin