[hobbit] How to write regular expression in client-local.cfg

Darren.Cotton at ses-engineering.com Darren.Cotton at ses-engineering.com
Mon Jul 21 13:25:36 CEST 2008

You need to configure the hobbit-clients.cfg on the server

Example
HOST=ourserver
        LOG %/var/log/server.log %(?-i)ERROR COLOR=red

Darren

             "Samuel Cai"
             <Samuel.Cai at eheal
             th-china.com>                                              To
                                       <hobbit at hswn.dk>
             21/07/2008 10:30                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [hobbit] How to write regular
              hobbit at hswn.dk           expression in client-local.cfg

Hi,

We  want  to monitor important error in a log file, but configuring trigger
part in client-local.cfg doesn’t work.
For   example,   there   are   two  types  of  errors  we  want  to  catch:
OutOfMemoryError and StackOverFlowError, then we configure:
[our server]
log: /var/log/server.log:10240
trigger Error

This  doesn’t  work,  Hobbit  client  still reports last 10240 data, if the
error is outside of that range, we just missed it.

I  think this is due to wrongly write the trigger expression, could any one
help on this?
Btw, I sent similar question before, this one should be more clearer.

Thanks,
Samuel Cai

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.