Troubleshooting windows clients

Daniel Elswit de21 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 15 04:22:20 CEST 2008

Hello... now that I've got Hobbit running, I'm trying to get my Windows
clients talking to it. Where does the data from the Windows client go when
it comes into the server?  I found an msg. file on the client that had all
the correct info... I'm assuming that gets transferred by bbwin to the
server.  The client's cfg file is pointing to the server and I'm able to
telnet to port 1984 on the server from the system running the client, so I'm
suspecting something's up on the server side.  The event log on the Win32
client shows that the various dlls have successfully loaded with no errors.
Also nothing unusual appears in the logs on the server.  What I get is just
the connection, info, and trend - no CPU, ram, and other stats.  I've
modified the hobbit-clients.cfg file to include:

HOST=%win.* #Windows hosts
	LOAD	80 90 	# Load thresholds in %
	DISK	C 50 80	# Hard drive (can be drive or share)
	MEMPHYS	90 100
	MEMSWAP	90 95
	MEMACT	90 97
	PORT	"LOCAL=%([.:]135)$" state=LISTENING TEXT=rpc
	PROC	BBWin.exe 1 1
	PROC	svchost.exe 3 4
	LOG	%.* %.*error.* COLOR=yellow

Thanks!