Another alert color?, and NCV alerts

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:33:01 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Two questions:

QUESTION #1: Is it possible to have a third color alert? Meaning:

One of my customers wants a setup like this:

Custom script runs on client server, reports:

foo : 80

for example.

They want less than 85 to be green, 85-90 yellow, 90-95 red, and above
95 any color, say orange.
So far as I can tell, I can only use green, yellow, and red for
alerts, and blue and purple are reserved.

QUESTION #2:

lets say #1 above is possible, so my script sends hobbit the status
line based on the it sees, with the
status of green, yellow, red, and orange. The hobbit server recieves
it, and uses the NCV module to build the rrd etc..
In hobbit-alerts.cfg to say does the SERVICE keyword work for custom
NCV type columns?

Thanks.