[hobbit] Configuration question

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:10:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Daniel Elswit <de21 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>  I have a DirectoryIndex in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dir.conf.  The line
> is:
>
> DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php index.xhtml
>

> Some parts of hobbit appear to be running when I look in the ps list, and
> new entries periodically appear in the logs.  But whatever part of it
> generates the pages is failing.

The page generator is bbgen, which is started up by the [bbdisplay] entry in
server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg.  It should log messages in bb-display.log in
whichever directory the other Hobbit logs are stored.  This is the thing
that's causing the "Task bbdisplay terminated by signal 6" messages in the
hobbitlaunch.log file.

bbgen has a --debug option, which might give you a bit more information
about why it crashes.

Ralph Mitchell