[hobbit] Monitoring FLEXnet License Manager

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Mon Jul 7 20:54:03 CEST 2008

On mán, 2008-07-07 at 14:02 -0400, michael nemeth wrote:
> Looked at this on the Shire.  Am I correct ,you run a different client
> script on each of the
> license servers for : Matlab, Abacus, Maple where  LMSTATDIR=
> is set to a different directory?  That is like:
> /opt/matlab/etc and/or /opt/maple/where-ever?

It is the same client script (flexlm.sh) that is run
for all types. Even if there are multiple servers
running on a machine it copes with that.
The magic lies in the license file in e.g. /opt/matlab/etc
or whereever it is.
I forgot to mention that the trick is to find the directory where
the license file and the lmstat program, reside.

So if the license file contains information about hostnames
and portnumbers for multiple license managers, the flexlm
Hobbit Monitor module will display it all.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?