[hobbit] Future of Hobbit

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Jan 30 18:17:22 CET 2008

Damian Conway in "Perl Best Practices" (published by O'Reilly) says
"Don't use XML as your configuration file format.  It may be
human-readable, but it's almost never human-comprehensible, and the
ratio of mark-up to content is vastly too high."  He goes on to argue
that configuration files should use a format that is much more like what
Henrik has implemented in the non-Big-Brother-legacy-format, and
suggests several CPAN modules that Perl programmers can use to parse
these formats in their programs.

I fully agree with this notion -- let's keep Hobbit "XML-free"!

GLH