How long should a LOG status be red?

Bill Fischer mndud3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:09:03 CET 2008

Hello,

I have clientlocal.cfg configured to collect the log messages I need.

I have hobbit-clientts.cfg configured to watch for the specific messages I
need.

One question I have: how long will the status stay RED by default?  A couple
tests seems to show that the duration of the red status will vary.  Some
will stay red for just 10 minutes, others stay that way for more than 30
minutes.

I can write a special rule to handle LOG alerts, but I'd rather not have to
and if I understood why the duration of the red status seems to be variable,
perhaps I don't have to.

-Bill.